Administrative Assistant(Posted 09/12/17)
The City of Paola Community Development Department has an opening for a full time administrative assistant. This position performs a variety of administrative duties including coordinating meetings and inspection schedules, issuing building permits, answering citizen inquiries and complaints, records maintenance, contractor licensing, and preparing correspondences, reports and minutes. The City offers an excellent benefit package. The salary for the position begins at $15.92 DOQ.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Outlook
• Possess accurate typing and filing ability
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Must pass criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical examination.
A motor vehicle record (MVR) check will be made to determine acceptance of past driving record. Applications are available at City Hall, 19 E. Peoria, Paola, KS 66071 or on the right hand pane of this web page.
Closing Date: Initial application review will begin September 20th; open until filled. EOE